We are looking for a Production Artist to manage creative projects, ensuring they meet clients’ requirements.
Your role will be to take on designs during the final stages of development to ensure accuracy and prepare them for print or digital publication. To be successful in this position, you should combine strong creative and technical skills to format various images and illustrations. You should also have an eye for detail and project management experience.
Ultimately, you will ensure our print and digital designs meet high quality standards.
- Liaise with account/project managers to define design requirements
- Collaborate closely with other designers, developers, account manager, etc.
- Review graphics, layouts and fonts before products are completed
- Provide image retouching, clipping paths and additional image manipulation
- Prepare final press-ready files based on supplied specifications for several types of printing
- Finalize designs using image editing software
- Make various formats of supplied artwork production-ready and resolve any artwork issues that arise during production
- Retouch images to improve quality both in print and digital formats
- Suggest and apply image improvements, like creating gradients and layers
- Package and preflight files for release to printers or media partners
- Create PDFs for print and client review
- Conduct press checks
- Prepare images for online and mobile applications
- Catalog and reference art for future projects
- Follow a development timeline to ensure tasks are being completed on time
- Troubleshoot problems as they arise with both the creative team and the printer
- Occasionally, follow up with clients to ensure their requirements are met
- Keep up-to-date with trends in graphic design techniques and software
- BA/BS degree in graphic design. Will not accept applicants with an associate’s degree.
- Minimum 3 years work experience as an in-house designer or at a design/marketing/ad agency. We require work samples to apply for this position.
- Proven work experience as a Production Artist, Graphic Designer or similar role
- Portfolio of completed graphic designs and creative projects
- Solid knowledge of the printing process and preflighting tools (e.g. Adobe InDesign)
- Hands-on experience with graphic design software and image editing tools (e.g. Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator)
- Basic knowledge of HTML and web development systems a plus
- An ability to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Creativity skills with obsessive attention to detail
- Additional qualifications in Graphic Design is a plus
- Personal interest in staying up-to-date on the latest trends, including agile methodology and emerging best practices in the design community.
Pay rate depends on experience
Work on site (Norco, CA)
Position begins: As soon as we find the right person
Do you want to work with us?
Read the details and fill out the form with your information.